"Warning: exposure to the Son may PREVENT burning"
and so consider this is your "tip" for the week.
Here are some facts on the statue that you may find interesting:
- Height: 62'
- Weight: Approximately 16,000 lbs
- Construction: A wood and styrofoam sculpture over a steel framework anchored in concrete. This is covered with a fiberglass mat and resin exterior.
- The project was constructed in Florida, cut into sections and trucked to Monroe Ohio to be reassembled on-site at SRC. (Solid Rock Church)
- Designer: Brad Coriel Artist/sculptor: James Lynch
- Over 8000 man-hours in development and installation
- Reportedly the "King of Kings" is the largest sculpture of Christ in America.