Wednesday, April 8

Tippy Tuesday

I had such a busy day yesterday running around getting bargains and then my grandchildren came and then dinner time and then I had to fly out the door to work. (no I'm not a fairy) [or anything with wings] Anyhoo, I just remembered I forgot to share my Tuesday Tip so I will give you two this week:


When the bills come due, I write 10 days before due date on envelope and the amount. I paper clip the bills together in order of due date. This way even if your busy and don't get to them that "due date" you still have a couple day buffer. I've been doing this for over 5 years!

Next, how would you like a kitchen tip, something that can make your time with dinner prep a snap...I buy bulk hamburger and brown it all up in 2 frying pans, drain off as much grease as I possibly can. I even dab it with paper towels. THEN I freeze it in 1 pound containers. I have plenty of Tupperware square aways and I have found that a container packed full and making sure you get it in the corners too will do. Plenty of recipe's call for 1# and so I take it out and defrost it or let it sit over night in refrig. and its ready by dinner time. You can defrost 2 at a time or as much as you need.

What tips do you have to share?

Enjoy.

2 comments:

Saving Sherry said...

I do the same thing with Chicken. I cook in in strips or cubes, put it in a freezer baggie and throw it in the freezer. Next time I just have to thaw and rewarm! Major time saver!

Lori said...

Sherry,
That's an excellent tip. I had already put that on my list so I say GMTA (I hope they still say that). Stay tuned for a wonderful post on Sherry.