Tuesday, March 31

Tippy Tuesday


I am going to start a Tuesday post giving you one of MY "tips" as I call them. So far I have several wrote down and I hope to continue this each week. This one is really amazing, I just learned it on Sunday. Actually *I* did not, nor will I attempt this because it involves styrofoam. (see Lori's Weird Tidbits a few post below this one) Anyway, I witnessed it and it actually worked by 2 different people! This is so cool..
If you have a styrofoam plate with food and you want to cover it, put an extra plate on top and SPIN it, it creates a vacuum, but make sure not to hold the rim of the bottom plate or you will be letting air in and no suction will be had.
BTW: This is my hand but I am not touching it, just close enough for the demo.
Let me know what you think. What tips do you have?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This trick was shown to us while serving dinner at the homeless shelter in town. The guy who has kitchen duty told me to try this as I was asking for foil or something to cover dinners we were leaving behind.

It doesn't seem to work real well in the refrig as I think when the plates get cold they lose their seal.

But a good temp solution should you need one.

Anonymous said...

I read you won't touch styrofoam on Kelly's blog today, so it made me think you were a tree hugger. Then I read this on your blog...are you a hypocrite?

Lori said...

Anonymous, not sure I understand what your trying to say or imply. Give me more info.